Possibilities are endless for things to do in Bellingham, WA. Here are just a few suggestions and scroll down the page and play around with our new "things to do in Bellingham widget!
1) Visit Museums, the Whatcom Museum is a "must see" and is an historical landmark in Bellingham. American Museum of Radio and Electricity is a great hands-on learning experience for the young and old.
2) Take a Classic Scenic Drive along Chuckanut Drive and down through Larrabee State Park.
3) Enjoy the Hiking Trails in and around Bellingham.
4) Whatcom Falls Park has got to be the most beautiful city park I have ever seen. Put this stop on your things to do list.
5) Visit Bellingham's Art Galleries and check out the local, unique talent of our artists. You can also be entertained by the fine performing arts as well.
6) Dining Out in Bellingham, WA entertains a variety of flavors. You just need to figure out what kind of food you are hungry for.
7) Take in a Movie at your choice of 3 different cinema locations. Click on the link and find out what movie is playing at which location.
8) Visit the Big Rock Garden for an outdoor art exhibit in a Japaneze-style and serene location.
9) Book a Cruise or Whale Watching Tour around the breath-taking San Juan Islands.
10) While vacationing, if living healthy is on your mind, why not spend a day at the Bellingham Farmers Market? You will find organic fresh fruits and vegetables while you are there and find loads of interesting things to do including some live entertainment.
11) Have fun at the SportsPlex (It will open a new window.) enjoying indoor soccer, ice skating, book a skating party or join a league. Fun for all ages.
12) Combing the Beaches is one of my favorite past times. It doesn't cost anything and you just never know what may get washed up these days.
13) Explore the San Juan Islands. This is amongst my family's favorite thing to do!
14) Go Dancing at one of Bellingham's night clubs or dance studio's. Another one of my favorite past times!
15) Go Kayaking. Weather permitting, you can rent a kayak or a canoe and paddle the day away while you're visiting Bellingham, WA.
16) Scuba Diving, (will open new window), will help you explore deep sea wonders. The Discovery Channel has documented that the Puget Sound area has the world's largest octopus...
17) Go Shopping in Bellingham! We're blessed with two unique downtowns - Bellingham and Fairhaven. Each offering their own unique "flavors" and shopping experiences. I think it's safe to say, "If you can't find it in Bellingham, it probably doesn't exist." Also, check out our Shop Bellingham Store, here, for local authors, artists, maps and other cool Bellingham stuff!(It will open a new window.)
18) See more..Activities for Youth, here. While traveling with kids, it's nice to find something to keep them busy.
19) Go Wine Tasting. Washington can rightfully boast of her home-grown wines. You can try them out before you buy.
20) Winter Activities for those of you traveling in the cooler months. Nothing like a day on the mountain! Whether it be snowshoeing, skiing (cross-country or alpine) or "shredding some freshage" on your board, Bellingham offers up all kinds of activities for the outdoor enthusiast.
21) Go Golfing. Bellingham has 6 golf courses from an all par-3 up to a world-class lay-out... all rolled into one little town.
22) Volunteer Your Time in Bellingham. Suggestions for those who like to "vacation on a mission." There's always things to do to lend a helping hand.
23) Having trouble finding a job in Bellingham? Maybe we can help you! Find Bellingham jobs right here on this site. Also, if you are a local employer looking for a few good employees, you can post a job on here as well.
23) Everyone likes a good garage sale. After all, one man's junk is another man's treasure, right? Looking for something interesting to do in and around Bellingham, you could check out all the hot spots, complete with a map, and go "Junkin' in Bellingham!" It will open into a new window and you can even check out the garage sales for the next week!
24) Write a Blog about your stay or life in Bellingham, WA. People like to read about other people's experiences; places they liked or places to ignore, good or bad experiences welcome. I just ask that you keep it "clean" and respectable.
25) Participate in Local Forum. Write a restaurant review about your dining out experience. Again, inquiring minds would love to hear from you! And...don't forget to sign up for our ezine, Inside Bellingham, WA, where we'll list more things to do.
26) Sign up to get my free ezine, "Inside Bellingham."
27) Most important thing to do?.... Enjoy Bellingham, WA!
Back to the top of Things To Do in Bellingham, WA
State Motto"Al-ki" or "Alki" (Bye and Bye)
State Bird: American Goldfinch
State Dance: Square Dance
State Flower: Coast Rhododendron
State Fish: Steelhead Trout
State Folk Song: "Roll on, Columbia, Roll on"
State Fruit: Apple
State Gem: Petrified Wood
State Grass: Bluebunch Wheatgrass
State Insect: Green Darner Dragonfly
State Muffin: Blueberry MuffinState Ship: "Lady Washington"
State Song: "Washington My Home"
State Tree: Western Hemlock